Monday, November 10, 2008

I love this time of year -even all the leaves on the ground that will probably be there for quite a while if it's left up to me to remove all of them. The best I can do is just remove a few or a few at a time. Buddy loves the pile I made using the lawn mower. He is using them for his current bed.

Under this tree the leaves are like a carpet covering a good bit of the front yard. I'll get out with the mower and blow most of them in a pile then burn them. Most of all I hate the gum balls. When the girls I take care of are outside they love picking up these, putting them in the little stroller thingy. They get into pretending and go shopping, making ice cream, and "feeding" Buddy. It's fun watching their play.

My Dad is a WW II vet. He and his cousin who was also in WW II are going to the local Veterans Day Program at the Community Center. Dad was in the Navy on the USS Mississippi and Shorty, his cousin was a bombadere in an airplane. They both had some very close calls. I am so thankful we still have them with us. There aren't many of those vets around anymore. Dad will be 85 in Feb. and I think Shorty is the same age. I'm glad they can do things together.

What great sacrifices men and women of that era made. I'm thankful not only for them but all veterans - long ago as well as our men and women of today. God bless you all!

No comments: