Saturday, November 29, 2008

We had a nice Thanksgiving. The Tennessee children have come and gone. My goodness we enjoyed having them here. All of the James family were home for one whole day. The weather co-operated and the grandkids got to play outside - in and out all day and into the evening - in spite of some of them having sniffles. My side of the family are close by and we all enjoyed eating our Thanksgiving meal together this year. Well, almost all of us....a sister-in-law and a nephew weren't able to come and were missed. My dear Dad of 85 (going on) walked over from his house with the aid of his cane. I am so thankful that he can still get around pretty well go do about anything he wants. He amazes me sometimes.

We had a new family member with us this year- - my new grand nephew, Caden. He is only three weeks old and is so sweet. We didn't hear a peep from him but I imagine his parents heard from him that night as he has his days and nights mixed up. I do remember those days but only vaguely as its been a while.

Well, our next family get together is Christmas. We only get together with each other like this maybe four or five times a year....at least those of us who live pretty near each other. There's our two main ones and then there's Father's Day, Mother's Day, and my Dad's birthday.

Here's hoping all of you enjoyed good food, family, and friends. God's blessings to you all.

1 comment:

J-Mom said...

Yep, good Thanksgiving. Enjoy your Christmas!