Monday, September 22, 2008

A Big Tree and a Great Dog

It was time for a new look. The sweetgum tree is in my front yard. As near as I can figure it is 85-100 years old. As much as I love trees I wish we could get this one cut down or at least topped. This isn't the only tree near the house that needs cutting down. My uncle planted many trees too close to the house.....the camouflaged house. I'll have to take a picture of the way it looks and put it in later.

Buddy, our grand-dog has been with us about five years. He came to live with us when Cullen and family moved to Georgia - when grandchild #1 was five and they got him her first year, I believe. Y'all correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, he is such a good dog and loves staying outside. One of his favorite places to stay is in the dirt right in the drive and another is in the dirt right by the side of the house. When he wants to come inside he'll 'bang' on the door with his paw or he'll bark if necessary. If he hears gun shots/hunters/ he'll want to come in asap. That time of year is soon approaching so he'll be an inside quite a bit. The really bad dog is a ferocious 4 lb. chahuahau named Baby. I'll try and put in a picture of her later.

1 comment:

J-Mom said...

Slipped up and mentioned Buddy's heart worms around Tori, she is upset, beside herself. She liked the card and the library stuff!