Monday, September 1, 2008

Storms and More

This is certainly an eventful Labor Day. I've been watching the tracking of Hurricane Gustav and am interested in the other storms brewing out there now. New Orleans is "safe" for now and I hope won't experience the devastation they did in '05. We are currently getting some wind here in north LA and will most likely get more along with a lot of rain.

My #2 son is in Rayne, LA with his LA guard unit. Last night he said they may be there for two weeks and after that it would be on a volunteer basis. So far, the storm hasn't reached where he is. Will post more on that later.

All schools are out until this Thursday. There are so many evacuees coming in I'm sure some of the schools will be used. The little girl I keep will have to wait to start pre K. I'm sure she's okay with that as long as she's home with her parents and sister. I'm okay with it too but unfortunately that means no "do-re-me". 8-) The Lord knows all about this so I'm not going to worry. I trust Him for the small and great things.

Last evening I went with my daughter-in-law, her aunt Joyce and uncle Fred to a fantastic
gospel concert featuring The Martins - my favorite group in gospel music. They were in their home "stomping ground" in the W. Monroe area. Talk about a great spitit there, He was there. I bought one CD but would love having more.

More later ~ ~ ~

1 comment:

J-Mom said...

Good to see more additions to your blog!